Placenta

Hello old friend.

It's taken me a long time to write to you. For awhile, I was angry. Devastated that you broke things off. But I'm past that. We had good times. So many good times. <-- I whispered the second "so many good times."

You were there for me when no one else was. Rolling in the deep as Adele might say. I could never find someone like you. We had no instruments, no violins no harps but somehow we made beautiful music day in and day out.

Remember, oh my gosh, remember the, haha, remember the time when you did the impersonation of the bladder? "Baaaaby!! You're crushing me! Urine is coming out!" I laughed so hard I got the hiccups. *sigh*

Thank you for just being you. So soft. So warm. Like cream of wheat on a winter's day.

Placenta, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about you all the time. I know it wasn't all roses. You put up with a lot of my crap. Literally. Thank you for the waste elimination.

The morning you and I went our separate ways...I'm not going to lie, I cried. It felt like how breaking glass sounds. Like the Monday of all Mondays. It felt like finishing a restaurant meal and then seeing an eyelash in your plate. Like when someone shakes your hand and theirs is wet. Sometimes you know it's just water from washing up, but still.

I miss you, placenta. You know I have to eat now, right? Chew and everything. New tastes every day. What I wouldn't give to spend an evening with just you and a couple glasses of amniotic fluid. No pressure. I'm just...

Look, I-....this is hard...I know it's none of my business but...are you with a new fetus? Is there a baby in your life? Never mind. I was out of line. Who you feed is up to you.

I look different now. Older. More mature. I've been through a lot. I'm in a relationship with a couple...it's not really working out but I don't think I have many options. They're just not you.

Anyway. *deep breath* I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I haven't forgotten what we had.

Say hello to umbilical cord if you see it. We had something for a little while after you left. Rebound thing.  A piece of it stuck around on my stomach for a good five days after things went bad...STAGE FOUR CLINGER! LOL.

Hit me up sometime.

xoxo HT

Popular Posts